HIGHLANDER ALL 6 SEASONS AND THE 5 MOVIES 9 BOXSETS BLU RAY!!
HIGHLANDER ALL 6 SEASONS AND THE 5 MOVIES 9 BOXSETS BLU RAY!!
HIGHLANDER ALL 6 SEASONS AND THE 5 MOVIES 9 BOXSETS BLU RAY!!

HIGHLANDER ALL 6 SEASONS AND THE 5 MOVIES 9 BOXSETS BLU RAY!!

Regular price $199.99 Sale

INCLUDES THE COMPLETE ANIMATED SERIES!

Highlander: The Series originated in Europe.[3] Christopher Lambert, who had then starred in the first two Highlander movies, had previously worked with French leading entertainment conglomerate Gaumont's president Christian Charret. Lambert knew that Highlander producers Peter Davis and Bill Panzer wanted to make a Highlander series and connected them with Charret.[4] Gaumont bought the rights to the series.[3] Highlander was one of the first projects developed by Gaumont's television branch opened in 1992 and one of its financial backers was the French bank Credit du Nord.[5]

The French leading production company Gaumont Television bought the rights to the series to have it produced in syndication in America with a local crew, a ground-breaking move at the time.[3] Highlander marked the first time a French production company was creatively involved in a show intended for the American market.[6] The show was co-produced in syndication by international partners including Gaumont, RTL Plus (Germany), Rysher Distribution (United States), Reteitalia Productions (Italy), Amuse Video (Japan)[2] and TF1 (France).[7] The budget of the first season was US$26.1 million.[7] Keith Samples, president of Rysher, stated that "about 75% of the guaranteed budget came from overseas sales."[8] The remaining 25% came from United States sales[9] and the producers retained the distribution rights,[10] which allowed the show to produce $800,000 per episode only from international income, believed to be the top result of the 1992–1993 season.[11] To secure an adequate share of European content,[12] and as a result of the co-production agreement, each season was divided into two segments, the first segment was filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (posing at the fictional location of Seacouver, Washington, United States),[13] the second in Paris, France.[14][15] The production of the first segment began in Vancouver on July 13, 1992,[16] while the production of the second segment started in December 1992 in Paris and used the studios of French state production agency Société Française de Production (SFP) at Bry-sur-Marne near Paris.[7]


The establishing shot just before the swordfight at the end of the thirteenth episode, "Band of Brothers", was filmed at Vancouver Harbour, British Columbia, Canada[17]

The executive producers were Bill Panzer, Peter S. Davis, Gaumont Television president Christian Charret[5] and Gaumont co-production chief Marla Ginsburg.[3] Steven Maier, Sheryl Hardy and Guy Collins were co-executive producers. Kevin Droney and Philip John Taylor were supervising producers at the beginning of the season; from the seventh episode onwards, David Abramowitz became supervising producer instead of Taylor.[18] The producers were Barry Rosen and Gary Goodman. Executives in charge of production were Marc du Pontavice and Denis Leroy. Scripts were contributed by both staff and freelance writers, Brian Clemens among the latter. Brent-Carl Clackson was line producer on the Vancouver segment, from episode one to thirteen. When production moved to Paris, Clackson was succeeded by Patrick Millet (with the title of production manager) for episodes fourteen to twenty-two. The regular directors were Thomas J. Wright, Jorge Montesi and Ray Austin. The fencing coach was Bob Anderson, who coined for himself the title of Master of Swords.[19] Anderson choreographed the fights on the Vancouver segment then was succeeded by Peter Diamond, credited as second unit director and stunt coordinator on the Paris segment. At the beginning of Season 3, F. Braun McAsh became the Swordmaster and choreographed the remaining four seasons and the fourth movie, Endgame. The opening theme was "Princes of the Universe" from the 1986 album A Kind of Magic by Queen; incidental music was composed by Roger Bellon.[20] The pilot episode was originally intended to be a third Highlander movie (to act as a television movie), but the low budget and Lambert agreeing to reprise his role as Connor MacLeod late into production caused the pilot to be written as a one-hour pilot.

INCLUDES ALL 5 MOVIES AND THE RAVEN SERIES!

WILL ALSO INCLUDE THE HIGHLANDER ANIMATED SERIES!